Friends of PPL
President – Margaret Cousin
Secretary – Connie Colvin
The Friends is an incorporated not-for-profit organization composed of individuals from all walks of life bound together by a shared recognition of the important role libraries play in education and our community. Through membership in the Friends, you share in supporting the Peoria Public Library system and its worthwhile projects and programs.
• Plan programs on interesting and timely topics with area writers and artists.
• Promote use of the library by introducing users to the library’s resources.
• Support youth outreach programs.
• Maintain Friendly Finds Bookstore and Used Book Sale Rooms and conduct sales.
• Promote the role of the library in the community.
• Use tax-free contributions to augment the library’s collection of books, recordings and archive material.
• Members receive a copy of the Passages Newsletter published monthly.
• Members receive 20% discount at The Friendly Finds Bookstore and all the Friends Used Book Sale Rooms (North, Lincoln, Lakeview Branches and the Main Library)
$25.00 for Friend of the Library
$75.00 for Book Lovers
$125.00 for Library Benefactor
The Friends Endowment Fund
To develop long-term support for the Peoria Public Library, the Friends have established an endowment fund. The fund will be an important method through which you and other supporters can offer significant long-term support for the library in a variety of ways.
Tax-deductible gifts to the Friends of the Library will provide items and services which the regular budget cannot accommodate such as:
• Establish a memorial fund
• Make a bequest in your will
• Purchase a special item
• Donate a work of art
The Caterpillar Matching Gift Program
Friends of Peoria Public Library is part of the Caterpillar Foundation’s year-round Matching Gifts Program.
Eligible Caterpillar participants may request an annual combined total maximum match of $2,000 each calendar year to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofits, such as Friends of Peoria Public Library.
Additional information about the Friends can be obtained by calling the Friends at 309-497-2145.